Dr. Shri Balaji També, the founder of Atmasantulana Village, is one of the most well-known ayurveda experts in the world and has achieved a reputation for the treatment of diseases such as heart ailments, diabetes, blood pressure and other chronic ailments. Often looked upon as a spiritual guide by many of the residents and visitors, he supports spiritual well-being and upliftment. As staff members put it: he is the living source of inspiration for the center’s activities.
All treatments are undertaken at the Health Center in Atmasantulana Village. The Santulan Treatment, which is a redesigned form of the traditional Panchakarma, is an extremely effective 15 day holistic health program for rejuvenation, purification and treatment of disease. Participants take a special vegetarian diet and undergo various ayurvedic therapies including oil massage and steam bath, intake of medicated ghee, purgative for cleansing the gastrointestinal tract, and medicated oil basti.
After the initial treatment, additional therapies may be carried out such as prescribed by the doctor according to the individual requirement, usually summing up to 21 or 30 days of treatment.
There are 4 full-time doctors on site and at least one emergency doctor on call twenty-four hours a day.
Finishing consultations are provided and will have several aspects, such as how to take the medicines prescribed, as well as an individualized diet plan.
The center produces the ayurvedic product line Santulan on site and offers a range of fifteen oils for different uses. To respect the environment, oils are being recycled as lamp oil.
Vegetarian food is provided through the center based on and coordinated thoroughly with the respective phases of treatment. The kitchen is managed by Veena Tambe who has extensive research and experience in the ancient art of Ayurvedic cooking and guides a team of wonderful cooks and servers.
Yoga and meditation classes are offered daily as the practice of yoga is embedded into the Panchakarma programme. An hour long session every morning is designed to teach SantulanKriya Yoga (SKY). SKY has been designed by Dr. Balaji Tambe based on several little known but powerful techniques used by the ancient Rishis to enhance their functioning and life-force. It has asanas as well as pranayama often combined into one exercise and is easy to perform.
The center also offers regular lecture-recordings at the activity hall. Dr. Balaji Tambe often conducts Q&A sessions and Smt. VeenaTambe offers cooking demonstrations if there is such a demand from patients. Orientation lectures on Ayurvedic medicines with a video or guided tours of the manufacturing area is also part of the program.
An array of healing music compositions, health books and practical guidebooks all designed by Dr. Balaji Tambe are available at the small shop at the center.
There are different types of accommodation available, that can usually be shared between two people: visitors can chose to book an individual flat with one living room with TV and a bedroom with attached bathroom and balcony. The small kitchen is equipped with a gas stove and the flat features a covered terrace. Also available are regular rooms with two beds, TV, balcony, bathroom and a sitting lounge or two room packages where one room can be used as bedroom and the other as a living room. The village can accommodate between 60 to 70 residential patients at a time.
About the area : Mumbai and Pune
The center is situated between the two metro cities Mumbai and Pune, 650m above sea level, close to the Indrayani river, in a quiet rural area. Atmasantulana Village is surrounded by beautiful mountains and lush greenery. The next city is Lonavala, about 8km away.
- Ayurveda offer
- Medical treatment
- Panchakarma (Detox) cure
- Ayurveda training courses
- Yoga Asana classes
- Cooking classes
- Ayurveda Lectures
- Airport Transfer
- Laundry Service
- Individual diet
- Price category
- Wide range of services for everyone: Ayurveda first-timers or those who’ve seen it all.
- The Santulan medicine and oils are produced and used here.
- The grounding feel when entering the center’s facilities.
- Dr Shri Tambe’s healing chanting.
- The rooms are basic: ask for a room with a European bathroom when booking.
- Bring a yoga mat, torch, lighter, water bottle and a thermos as useful items for your stay.
- The center has both Indian and Western therapists.
- No treatment during menstruation.
- Very established center with competitive pricing.
- If you like spirituality as part of the experience.
- For the Santulan treatment, a revamp of the traditional Panchakarma.
- Full range of services including written consultations and post-treatment accessibility.
Find similar ayurveda places
- Medical treatment in India 11
- Medical treatment in the world 45
- Panchakarma (Detox) cure in India 16
- Panchakarma (Detox) cure in the world 77
- Massages/rejuvenation/wellness in India 15
- Massages/rejuvenation/wellness in the world 74
- Ayurveda training courses in India 6
- Ayurveda training courses in the world 21